Resources for Business
The amount of information required from business owners can be overwhelming, particularly if you're just starting out. The sites below can assist you with business planning, education and research.
- The Small Business Administration's (SBA) business planning.
- SCORE's (Service Corps of Retired Executives) business counseling, mentoring, and training.
- The Carnegie Library's Tools & Research.
- Entrepreneurship and Education at the Kauffman Foundation.
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Resource Guide at the Jobhero site.
- Washington State University's Carson College of Business Business Programs and Resources for Entrepreneurs with a Disability.
- MIT's (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) Open Courseware.
- The United Nation’s University of the People.
- Free personal financial analysis tool.
- From our friends at the Brenham Community Center, this site offers a wealth of information for new entrepreneurs.
- Tuition scholarship research site.
- Specifically for minority and women-owned businesses, Sales Cocktail is a sales and marketing automation tactical resource for small business. Discover today’s techniques and technologies to eliminate the digital divide for minority and woman-owned enterprises. Accelerate your sales funnel, automate your marketing, and manage your time! We help you filter through the clutter of today's internet apps and identify the right fit for your company and work method!
- Specifically for minority and women-owned businesses, FREE listing in the FirstList Directory of Women & Minority Owned Businesses & Resources, increasing opportunities for consumers and businesses to locate your company's products or services.
State MWBE Survey
The Insight Center for Community Economic Development examines the procurement and business development programs for small businesses owned by people of color (MBEs) and women (WBEs), looking at all 50 states and the District of Columbia. An updated report on State Inclusive Business Program Overview may help you plan state marketing efforts.
Publications & News Outlets
There are many magazines and news outlets serving small, minority, women and veteran owned business enterprises.
- Black Enterprise
- Business Week
- CNN Money
- The Economist
- Enterprising Women Magazine
- Entreprenuer Magazine
- Fast Company Magazine
- Forbes Magazine
- Fortune Magazine
- Fox Business News
- Home Business Journal
- Inc. Magazine
- Minority Business Entreprenuer Magazine
- Veteran Business Enterprise Magazine
- Veteran Servicemember’s Guide to Starting a Business
- Wall Street Journal
- WE Magazine for Women
Others can be of use to specific types of diverse businesses for networking and information.
- African American Chamber of Commerce
- Asian Pacific American Chamber of Commerce
- Association of Women's Business Centers
- Center for Veterans Enterprise
- Center for Women & Enterprise
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- My Own Business
- National Association of Women Business Owners
- National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development
- National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
- National Minority Supplier Diversity Council
- National Veteran-Owned Business Association
- Native American Chamber of Commerce
- National Veterans Business Directory
- National Women's Business Council
- US Department of Commerce Minority Business Development Agency
- Quantum Leaps
- Veteran's Business Network
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council
- Women Enterprise Connect International
- Women Impacting Public Policy